The importance of replacing missing teeth
Tooth loss is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Not only is the cause of the tooth loss a concern, but the replacement of the tooth is necessary. Patients with missing teeth from injury, disease, or manual extraction will want to work with a Boulder, CO area dentist to determine the best way to replace these teeth—and know why it is important.
Why should missing teeth be replaced as soon as possible?
There are several consequences that can occur to patients who do not immediately have their missing or extracted teeth replaced. Below are just a few of the problems that can arise:
- Shifting of the remaining teeth, resulting in spaces and gaps within the bite
- Poor bite alignment which can cause uneven wear and tear on the upper and lower teeth
- Bone loss, also known as bone resorption, which occurs when teeth are no longer in place
- The inability to eat effectively and speak efficiently
- The appearance of one or more missing teeth that can make patients feel self-conscious about their appearance
What can I do about missing teeth?
Patients have several options available to them when they visit Dr. Ania Mohelicki and are interested in replacing missing teeth. With three primary options, patients can learn more about the ways in which they can restore the smile effectively with tooth replacement options.
What methods of replacement are available?
- Dentures. Both full and partial dentures can be used to replace one or all the teeth in the smile. These removable restorations are made to look as natural as possible and restore functionality.
- Dental bridges. Patients who want a fixed restoration that does not need to be removed and cared for might find dental bridges to be a better option. This is a porcelain restoration that “bridges the gap” left behind by missing teeth with a false tooth.
- Dental implants. Most patients will use dental implants to replace missing teeth, as this method is permanent and easy to care for.
Call Dr. Ania Mohelicki today
Boulder, CO area patients who are in need of dental work, especially the replacement of missing teeth, will want to learn more about what is offered to them at local dental clinics. Patients considering working with Dr. Ania Mohelicki can call (303) 872-9940 to schedule an appointment at her practice, conveniently located at 2919 Valmont Road, Suite #106.