Get a Beautiful Smile with Same Day Crowns
Do you have a tooth that has been weakened or damaged? If you answered yes, keep reading to hear about how getting a same day crown with Dr. Ania could help you.
We have the modern technology to provide you with a same day crown, using digital scanners and in-office milling machines. If you want to restore your beautiful smile but don’t have much time on your hands, same-day crowns could be the best option for you. Crowns help improve the appearance of your teeth and protect your tooth enamel. Here’s how you could benefit from crowns — all in one day!
What are Crowns?
A crown, also known as a “cap,” works as a protective armor for your teeth and allows you to bite with normal force without concern. Crowns are one of the best ways to improve how your teeth look while protecting the enamel at the same time. These caps are placed on top of the damaged tooth, and are used to restore your tooth when a filling can’t.
Cleveland Clinic explains that you might need a dental crown if you need to:
- Protect a weak tooth, whether from decay or breakage, to keep the tooth together if parts of it are cracked
- Restore a broken or worn down tooth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large filling and not much natural tooth remaining
- Hold a dental bridge in place
- Cover a misshapen or discolored tooth
- Have a dental implant covered
- Cover a tooth that has been treated with a root canal
Types of Crowns
There are four different types of crowns, according to Colgate. They are:
- Ceramic, which are used for restoring front teeth, and are popular in this area for their ability to look just like your natural tooth. This kind is made of a porcelain-based material.
- Porcelain-fused to metal, which provides a stronger bond than regular porcelain because it is connected to a metal structure. This type is extremely durable.
- Gold alloys, which is a mix of gold, copper and other metals. It provides a strong bond to the tooth, it doesn’t fracture, and it also doesn’t deteriorate the natural tooth.
- Base metal alloys, which are made up of non-noble metals that are highly resistant to corrosion, and make for a very strong crown. It also takes the least amount of healthy tooth away before fitting.
So, what’s the best option? Colgate further explains a few things to keep in mind, like the sealing ability and durability. First, the sealing ability of the all-porcelain crown depends on the condition of your natural tooth. Where with the others, they typically provide a good sealing against leakage.
As far as durability is concerned, the best is the golden metal alloys crowns. However, any porcelain-based crown tends to be highly resistant against wear. Crowns can last a lifetime as long as you care for them properly, which means having good oral health.
Same Day Crowns
Same day crowns are perfect for anyone who wants a beautiful smile but whose time is at a premium. Crowns are a great way to improve the appearance of your teeth and preserve tooth enamel, but the traditional methods of making crowns is time consuming. Fortunately, advanced technology now allows a handful of specially trained dentists to take digital impressions of the patients’ mouths and create the perfect crown right there, at the dentist’s office. Dr. Ania is one of the few dentists in Boulder to offer this fast and effective service.
A dental crown will require some enamel reduction before it’s bonded to your tooth, so anesthesia will usually be applied to make you more comfortable during the procedure.
To have the best oral health and keep your crowns for a lifetime, you should have a strict hygiene routine. This means that you should be brushing your teeth twice a day, for two minutes each time. Further, you should aim to floss once a day to keep food particles out from between the teeth. Even if you do both of these things, you should still prioritize seeing your dentist often, ideally every six months, to further sustain good oral hygiene.
Get Same Day Crowns with Dr. Ania
If you want to restore your smile in the timespan of one day, make an appointment to come talk with Dr. Ania about same day crowns. This cutting edge procedure uses state-of-the-art technology to create a perfect crown while you’re sitting in our office. Call us for an appointment today at (303)-872-9940.