A Crown for Christmas
Do you need a crown for Christmas? Dental crowns don’t come with jewels, but they’re even more important. Same day crowns are a perfect choice for anyone who wants a beautiful smile without the downtime. Crowns can improve the appearance of your teeth and protect tooth enamel, but the traditional methods of making crowns is time consuming. Fortunately, advanced technology now allows a handful of specially trained dentists to take digital impressions of the patients’ mouths and create the perfect crown right there, at the dentist’s office. Here is how you could really get a same-day crown for Christmas with Dr. Ania!
Same Day Crowns
Same day crowns are the best option for anyone who wants a beautiful smile but doesn’t want to spend months trying to achieve it. Crowns can improve the appearance of your teeth and preservice your tooth enamel, however, traditional crowns are time consuming. Thankfully, advanced technology now allows a handful of specially-trained dentists to take digital impressions of the mouth and create the perfect crown right there in the office — same day. Modern dentistry includes the integration of two major advances that make same day crowns possible. The two advances? Digital scanners and in-office milling machines. Dr. Ania is one of the few dentists in Boulder, CO to offer this new, cutting-edge service.
A crown, also known as a ‘cap,’ serves as a protective armor for a tooth and allows you to bite full-force with no worry. Whether you need a crown on a front tooth or a molar, these custom ceramic crowns won’t show any unappealing dark band at the gum line. Further, when placed properly, ceramic crowns can match the appearance of your teeth very closely, giving you a natural-looking end result.
Candidates for Crowns
If you have a tooth that has been seriously weakened or damaged, a strong dental crown is a highly effective and attractive cosmetic dentistry solution. The American Dental Association explains that you might be a candidate for a crown if you have a:
- Cavity that is too big for a filling
- Missing tooth and need a bridge
- Dental implant that needs to be covered
- Cracked, worn down, or weakened tooth
- Root canal treatment done and need to protect the restored tooth
- Discolored or misshapen toot and want to improve your smile
You may be a candidate for a ceramic crown if you have a tooth that has been affected by breakage or fractures, cracks, large cavities, or outdated fillings that require replacement. Our dental crowns are handcrafted in our very own lab with one-of-a-kind metal-free ceramic.
The Process of Getting a Same Day Crown
When you come in for a same day crown, the process is fairly simple. It usually done in 3 steps:
- The dentist will take digital pictures of your mouth
- Using a digital scan from the photos, the dentist will create the crown right there in the office
- Once it’s is ready, your dentist will cement it into place
A dental crown will require some enamel reduction before it can be bonded to your tooth, so anesthesia is usually applied to make sure you’re comfortable throughout the procedure. The entire process will take about two hours total — no need to come back on another day.
Overall, the process is done in a matter of hours, versus needing to come in for multiple appointments like is needed when you receive a traditional crown.
The process of getting a traditional crown includes multiple steps, like:
- The dentist preparing your tooth that needs the crown. This can include getting x-rays or a mold of your mouth beforehand
- Your dentist will file down and remove part of the outer layer of your tooth
- An impression will be made of your trimmed tooth and it’s neighboring teeth
- The dentist will install a temporary crown over your tooth to protect it
- Your impression will be sent to a lab that will make the crown, this can take several weeks
- When the crown comes in, you’ll come back for another visit to have the dentist cement the crown to your tooth
Get a Crown for Christmas with Dr. Ania
If you are not happy with your smile and want to learn more about our same-day crowns (and how you could get one before Christmas!) we encourage you to contact our office today by calling us at (303)-872-9940. Give yourself the gift of a beautiful smile this Christmas with Dr. Ania’s help!